Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hi! My name is Maggie Rivas. I am extremely interested in pursuing journalism as a career so I am excited about the amount of writing we are doing in this class, even just this first week. I am looking to go to college out in California where my dad lived for three years. I love to play volleyball and be active almost everyday. I play on the volleyball team here at Whitney and we have our first home game Tuesday! Another passion of mine is modeling. I have been signed with Ford Models since I was twelve. I am taking a break to focus on school but I am excited to get back into it over the summer. This year I am starting debate and graduating into National Honors Society at the end of the year after three years of being in National Junior Honors Society. I am very school-oriented so I have to find a balance between all my hobbies and budget my time for homework and studying. My favorite type of music is rap, which surprises many people. I like mainstream rap music but also enjoy underground rappers. I love meeting new people but take a while to completely get over my shyness. My summer mainly consisted of going to music festivals and vacationing with friends, two of my favorite things to do. I have found sophomore year to be a lot harder than freshmen year so far. I am Greek and Spanish and have visited Greece just once but I am dying to go back! I have never visited Spain but hope to go sometime in the near future. My favorite food is octopus. I like scary movies but love comedy. Something I am really excited about is a letter I got from the organization People to People, it is a group of “student ambassadors” who are invited to study abroad from anywhere to six weeks to two years. My interview is sometime in early October. My favorite holiday is Christmas and I am desperately hoping that at least one of my classes will do a secret Santa this year. I am a very impatient person but I am a strong believer in the phrase that good things come to those who wait. I am hoping for a great year and to become close to everyone in this class and further improve upon myself from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment